Love is many things. For most of us, “I love you” is something we say all the time—like a fuel that revs up our mechanical hearts, without which we become dull and wilted, as if all our life depends on those three words.
Well, guess what? It is more than that. Love is more than how, when or how often we say it. Love is beyond words.
So, how do you say ‘I Love You’ to her without saying it? Let me count the ways.
1. Sing her a song.
2. Give up your last bite for her because you know it’s her favorite dessert.
3. Share a joke, however corny, just to see her laugh.
4. Send her flowers on an ordinary day.
5. Surprise her with a stolen kiss.
6. Say thank you to her for wishing you a good night’s sleep.
7. Hug her. Hug her tight.
8. Make a love poem and dedicate it to her.
9. Make her a cup of coffee.
10. Look into her eyes then wink.
11. Stay on the phone with her and just listen to her breathing.
12. Slide your hand secretly to hers under the table during dinner.
13. Laugh at her for crying over a movie and hug her afterwards to make her feel better.
14. Dance with her even without music.
15. Pray together.
And the list goes on. The thing is, love, contrary to what we commonly believe, is mostly felt through actions, not mere words.
By Charles Vega (thoughtcatalog.com)